Radius Security's Blog providing security advice, safety tips, and various news articles to help you better secure your home or business.
Summer RANT 2013August 17th, 2013 | by admin admin | in | 1
Radius Security Vancouver`s second annual Summer Random Advice News and Tips:
1. Does your dog like hanging out the window of the car? Doggles can protect pups’ eyes. A doggie life jacket, water bottle and safety harness will come in handy on your road trip too. [Summer Safety Gear for Your Four Legged Friend, CTV News]
2. Pavement surface temperatures can be 27° to 50° C (50° to 90° F) above air temperatures on a hot summer day in the city. That can mean second degree burns for bare feet. Babies, pets and their families beware! [Heat Island Impacts, US EPA]
3. If you get stung by jellyfish, rinse the area with seawater (not fresh) and use a credit card to gently scrape off any remaining tentacle or stingers (don’t touch!). Vinegar or urine may activate the stinging nematocysts of non-poisonous, non-tropical jellyfish. A 20-minute hot water soak should help relieve pain. [Envenomation--Jellyfish Stings, Australian Resuscitation Council]
4. Watch your drinks. VPD has noticed an increase in women being served drugs in their drinks at bars and parties. [Police Reminding People to Be Mindful of Their Drinks, Vancouver Police Department]
5. Did you know getting one blistering sunburn when you are a child doubles your risk of melanoma as an adult? Use a water-resistant sunscreen that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.l [10 Summer Safety Tips for Kids, Discovery Fit and Health]
Note: This blog discusses general safety and security topics. It is not intended to provide comprehensive advice or guidance. In all matters of personal safety and security, we encourage readers to research topics in depth and consult a security professional about specific concerns.