Intrusion Detection Solutions Vancouver
As a full-service security company, Radius Security provides end-to-end solutions for any commercial application, including video surveillance and intrusion detection. Contact us today.
Whether you operate one storefront or multiple complex facilities, your security strategy begins with intrusion detection. To adequately protect your property, employees and clients, you must first determine your most vulnerable access points. Then secure them.
You may require simple door and window contacts or a comprehensive video surveillance system complete with sophisticated motion sensors, cameras and password-protected key pads. Or, perhaps, you have an existing CCTV system and need to enhance your video surveillance solution with glass-break sensors and an alarm response protocol.
Every building configuration presents unique challenges and requires a custom solution for intrusion detection and video surveillance. However, in a typical scenario:
- An intruder attempts to enter through a door, window or other perimeter access point.
- If a video surveillance system has been installed on the perimeter of the building, our operators can verify the intrusion via CCTV, specialized cameras and/or live two-way audio feeds before the intruder attempts to break and enter
- If not, strategically placed door and window contacts, glass-break sensors and motion detectors are tripped and relay, often wirelessly, a signal to Radius Security’s central operating station.
- Motion detectors within the building can detect intruders from any entry point.
- The alarm(s) indicates which zone has been breached.
- If a video surveillance system has been installed inside the building, our operators can verify the intrusion
- Our operators respond according to client instructions, including notifying police.
- In some cases, with video surveillance solutions, police can apprehend intruders in the act.
At Radius Security, we offer a full range of intrusion detection tools from major manufacturers, including Honeywell, DMP (Digital Monitoring Products) and DSC (a Tyco International Company). We have the expertise to recommend and install the tools that work best for your business. We can also modify your existing security system to improve its intrusion detection. Plus integrate any new devices so that all the components work together seamlessly.
Here are some options to consider when designing or upgrading your intrusion detection system:
Motion sensors form the core of any intrusion detection system. Would a passive infrared (PIR) system or a dual technology (microwave/PIR) system work best for your business? Will you need to install detectors indoors or outdoors? Do you require wireless devices for easier installation?
By installing contacts throughout your premises, you will know when a door, window or security gate has been opened, or an item has been tampered with. Industrial wide-gap contacts allow you to protect access points which do not close tightly. Depending on the application, you may opt for hidden wire or wireless, surface mount or recessed, standard or high-security contacts.
Glass-break detectors can be hardwired or wireless. Some may also employ a polling loop technology – that is, each connected device is programmed with a unique ID, or address. You may be surprised by how discreet and sophisticated glass-break sensors can be.
Whatever your security needs, our security experts can help you design an effective customized solution.
Contact us today to review your security needs and evaluate which tools would work best for you.