SECURITY INSTALLATIOn & SERVICE TECHNICIAN
Security Technicians are responsible for the complete and accurate installation and service of residential and commercial security and video surveillance equipment on-site at customer locations. Security Technicians must adhere to the highest ethical standards, creating a positive association between sales, installation, monitoring, customer service, and administration. The position requires that the technician constantly upgrades his skills as new products and standards develop to promote professionalism, excellence and 100% customer satisfaction.
- Arrive at all scheduled meetings and appointments on time, in uniform and properly equipped to complete the service work scheduled.
- Seeing installations from beginning through to completion, including, but not limited to, facility surveying and evaluation, collecting supplies and equipment, cabling and wiring plans, equipment installation, equipment programming and calibration, validating and testing connections and overall system, and correcting deficiencies as required.
- Meet or exceed standards of the company and industry for the installation and service of all security type systems.
- Safely operate company-issued vehicle within Metro Vancouver, adhering to company policy, and take responsibility for maintenance of vehicle, as outlined in vehicle policy.
- Effectively complete daily schedules to meet deadlines.
- Take initiative to communicate with Service Coordination team as to any problems, issues, scheduling conflicts, delays or unoccupied time.
- Responsible to comply with all company policies and procedures, and to request clarification when unsure.
- Assist with job estimation at customer sites for quotations as required.
- Fulfill on-call duties as required and scheduled.
- Perform overtime as required to complete work
- Accurately complete and submit all required paperwork or electronic submissions on a daily basis.
- From time to time, assist with assembly and/or installation of Remote Guarding video surveillance security equipment.
Skills, Knowledge & Qualifications
- 5+ years experience in installations and service in the security industry
- Must be TQ Certified with valid Security Alarm Installer License
- Experience with systems and equipment manufactured by AES, ICT, Honeywell, I-View Now, Hikvision, and DSC would be an asset
- Proven electrical and/or mechanical aptitude & ability.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to provide quality, courteous customer service.
- Valid BC Driver’s License; excellent driving record & clean driver’s abstract provided. Willingness to complete basic driving test.
- Proven desire & ability to take responsibility for one’s own actions.
If you meet the above qualifications and are an independent worker, we would love to hear from you. Please submit your Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be in contact if you are the right candidate for the position.