Radius Security's Blog providing security advice, safety tips, and various news articles to help you better secure your home or business.
Weekend News RoundupJanuary 12th, 2015 | by admin admin | in News | 0
2015 is getting off to a rather sober start. Here are this week’s top security- and safety-related local news stories:
1. Vancouver’s first homicide of 2015: Jeffery Scott Nasa-Dyke, 49, was found dead in his East Vancouver apartment near Wall Street and Dundas on January 6. Three days later, Kenneth Conrad Izard, 29, was charged with manslaughter. The two men were known to each other and the homicide appeared drug related.
2. Marijuana store robbery. On Friday evening, January 9, two armed men stole marijuana from Weeds Glass and Gifts on South Main Street. Police are seeking an Asian and a South Asian suspect.
3. Attempted abduction of infant: On January 10, 61-year-old James Allan Duncan was arrested after he allegedly tried to take an infant from a stroller in Donald’s Market on Commercial Drive. He later threatened another infant on the street. Police suspect Duncan’s mental health may have played a role in the incidents.
4. Sexual assault on Burrard Bridge: At 2:45 a.m. on January 11, two South Asian men approached a woman on Burrard Bridge and one groped her. She fought off her attacker and escaped to a nearby taxi. The police are looking for the two suspects.
5. Fatal ice climbing accident. Three experienced back-country ice climbers failed to return after heading out to Mount Joffre near Pemberton on Sunday, January 11. They were confirmed dead on Monday morning. The cause of the accident is not yet known.
Here’s hoping the coming weeks bring better news.
Note: This blog discusses general safety and security topics. It is not intended to provide comprehensive advice or guidance. In all matters of personal safety and security, we encourage readers to research topics in depth and consult a security professional about specific concerns.
Radius Security Vancouver, West Vancouver, North Vancouver, Burnaby, New Westminster, Richmond, Surrey, Langley, Coquitlam, Port Coquitlam, Port Moody, Ladner, Delta, Tsawwassen